A business without a brand is like being lost in the woods without a compass. Developing a compelling brand gives your business focus and direction, and enables you to target your ideal audience.
- Your Calling Card Think of a catchy, easy-to-understand name that says something about what you do. Really when naming your business it should incorporate who you are (your character – more on that another time), what you do (your content) and who you service (your community). Your brand is your hook. Are you the friendly fruiterer, the hip startup, the cutting edge guy or the cooking diva? Match your name with what you do.
- What makes you memorable? It could be your reliability, great customer service or your friendly attitude. Work to become known for at least one trait.
- Define your niche. Who is your target market? What is the value you provide? “Trying to be something to everyone is not the answer. Just like going from the G.P. to the Specialist (I know, you have heard it before!) When you go to a specialist you know what to expect from them in terms of a service, and because they are the expert you are also prepared to wait longer to see them and of course pay more to see them. Marketing to everyone who could possibly buy your products or services, will water down your message, and actually repel potential clients,” For example, Martha Stewart targets women and homemakers. Steve Jobs? The hip and cool computer user.
- Create a customer experience. Your customers will evaluate your brand by the entire experience they have with your business from the first point of contact. What does the experience you create say about your brand?Incorporated in this is your presentation, certainty in your offer, communication, delivery and follow up. Be the person worth recommending!
- Determine your unique selling position. What is your compelling argument on why a customer should buy from you? Ideally it should solve a key problem faced by your target market.For example The Coaching Institute is the only NLP based school in Australasia, with the most face to face training, most accreddited and only award winning. Are you getting the picture??
Start with these baby steps and you’re well on your way to identifying your brand!
To hear more answers like this or have your business questions answered check out the Accelerated Results and Group Accountability Classes running TOMORROW 12-1pm and every 2nd Wednesday. Log into your members only area to register for the class!
Email your business questions to email@example.com
See you on the class tomorrow nicely branded!!
To YOUR Success
National Student Liaison