There are two ways to do this:
- DEVELOPING YOURSELF AS A PERSON
One of the most important things to do to become a great speaker is to focus on your own personal growth and your personal development.
Do things like:
- Face your fears
- Take a personal inventory of what fears that you have around rejection or the fear of making mistakes
- Understand why those fears are there
- Know how you can accept them, move through them, and let go of them.
- DEVELOP THE SKILL OF A PROFESSIONAL SPEAKER
The second category is to focus on skill development. For example, the four major thinking styles in the world.
What's going on?
Why you're doing it?
How you're doing it?
What about this?
What about that?
When you speak publicly, you want to engage the audience and speak attractively. It’s very different than how we would have a conversation with a friend. It’s about having a real connection with the audience.
It’s not just a skill that you are born with, but anyone can become a speaker.
Lean in and do the study and you'll learn how to language things in a way that's inspirational for others.